Involvement We as Christians, are God’s representatives. We can make a tremendous difference as individuals. We must become more involved in state/ national elections and government affairs to protect our churches and to strengthen our way of life. Churches and dedicated believers can and should inform their elected legislators regarding spiritual/moral issues.
Make it Happen
One of the most effective tools available for Christians to help shape legislations at the state and national levels is personal contact. Taking the time to write, call, fax or email lawmakers can make great things happen.
Keep in Mind
Remember the following etiquette when contacting your legislators.
Via Personal Contact:
1. Be prompt, after setting up an appointment.
2. Plan your discussion or concern.
3. Be brief and to the point.
4. Be polite.
1. Be clear, precise and if writing, write legibly.
2. Write before the vote, not afterwards
3. Be informed, not “hear say.”
4. Be specific.
5. Include your name, address, and telephone numbers.
1. Telephone only if it is urgent.
2. Be willing to talk with a staff member. They are qualified and will get the message to the officials.
3. Leave your telephone numbers in case they have further questions.
MORALITY WEBSITE LINKS:
Please check the following web sites:
American Family Association Journal
Tupelo, MS 38803
Focus on the Family “Citizen”
Colorado Springs, CO 80935
“Focus On The Family
Charlotte, NC 28201
Can America Survive? John Hagee - Howard Books - approx. cost $14.99
I Never Thought I’d See The Day. Dr David Jeremiah- Faith Words -approx. cost $24.99
The American Patriot’s Bible Dr Richard G Lee - Thomas Nelson - approx. cost $39.99
Moral Action Dates of Interest:
BMA of America
April 16-18, 2012
- Come by the Moral Action Display area
National Day of Prayer
Thursday, May 3, 2012
Moral Action July 4th “Freedom Offering”
July 1, 2012
Church packets will be mailed in June