My point is this: YOUR VOTE CAN MAKE A TREMENDOUS DIFFERENCE. God established three (3) institutions: the family, the church, and civil government. WE, as Christians and Americans are responsible to uphold these divine institutions. Christians have an obligation and right to vote and submit to the governing authorities. An exception to this rule applies when the government and its leaders are in direct conflict with the Bible and God’s laws. Dr. Adrian Rogers, Pastor and Author, stated the following, “when the government condones what God condemns, we must obey God rather than man.”
I. Christians are obliged to be informed and to vote.
We, as Christians and Americans, must be studious when we vote. It is your obligation to study and learn what the issues are. How does the issues relate to your Christian faith, your family, and your nation? You must vote with Christian convictions and moral stamina. You must vote intelligently. There are often radical differences in party candidates. Important issues to consider are life, family and freedom rights. The following are just a few of the critical areas that are facing our nation at this time:
1) There is an ongoing battle to remove the Ten Commandment displays, nativity scenes, voluntary prayer and religious classes from public areas.
2) Our nation is being bombarded with “Gay rights, same-sex marriages, same sex adoption rights, and the push to make homosexuality/lesbianism “normal.”
3) Ongoing arguments continue over Bio-medical facts, stem cell harvesting, cloning, and human embryos.
4) The war still rages over Abortion/Pro-life and pro-choice since the Supreme Court ruling in Roe vs Wade.
5) States battle over the issues of Gambling, lotteries and casinos for funding.
6) Physician assisted suicide is making strides in the United States.
Moral Action is dedicated to keeping you informed. This is our obligation. You have an obligation to be “value” informed and to cast your votes for candidates that are aligned with platforms that are in agreement with God’s Word. Our nation depends on you. Be vigilant in studying the candidates. Learn where they stand on political and religious issues.
Abraham Lincoln states “Elections belong to the people. It is their decision. If they decide to turn their back on the fire and burn their behinds, they will just have to sit on their blisters.” You may find this quotation also on www.ivotevalues.org
II. Christians are obliged to do more than just vote.
Author Wayne Grudem offers some insights into the Declaration of Independence and it signees. The signers knew the signing of the Declaration of Independence was more than a pen or paper issue. The last line in the
“And for the support of this declaration, with a firm reliance on the
protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our lives, our
fortunes, and our sacred honor.”
So what can you do? Many things! Here are a few suggestions:
1) Email candidates about the issues
2) Write letters to candidates regarding critical decisions
3) Support financially to just causes
4) Carry banners and signs in support of Biblical causes
5) Serve in political offices on the local and state levels
Moral Action encourages you and your family to VALUE VOTE. Dr. Richard Land, President of Faith and Family declares, “Don’t get stuck on a politicians label. Look for candidates who promote decency, accountability, and responsibility framed within Biblical standards.”
YES, YOUR VOTE CAN MAKE A TREMENDOUS DIFFERENCE.
Don’t decry if you fail to research or to vote.
1. Pastors and Pulpits and Politics - Western Center for Law and Policy
2. Heritage Guide to the Constitution - Edward Meese